Update: Gulf Shore Boulevard North Road Closure and Bypass Road
PUBLIC INFORMATION MEETING REPLAY
Friday, October 20, 2023 at 10:00AM
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
- Gulf Shore Boulevard North (GSBN) will be closed in early November for City stormwater improvements that the Naples Beach Club (NBC) has agreed to complete at their cost while performing other NBC project-related improvements in the public right-of-way (ROW) adjacent to the NBC property.
- NBC’s performance of the City’s stormwater improvements will save the City approximately $2.5 million and it will minimize the disruption to the City since GSBN will only need to be closed once for the performance of this work and other NBC-related improvements in the ROW.
- In order to minimize the disruption to the neighborhood and the community from the closure of GSBN, the Naples Beach Club will build a temporary bypass road and sidewalk at its cost to provide vehicular and pedestrian access while the work is performed in GSBN.
- The temporary bypass road and sidewalk will be adjacent and almost parallel to the closed portion of GSBN to ensure that the flow of vehicles and pedestrians will continue, including from South Golf Drive, Oleander Drive, and Crayton Road.
- There should only be minimal disruptions to the flow of traffic and pedestrians.
- The temporary bypass road and sidewalk are shown in the drawing below.
- Construction of the temporary bypass road and sidewalk has begun and will be completed before the required closure of GSBN.
- GSBN will be closed for approximately 6 months once the temporary bypass road and sidewalk are completed and opened for traffic. GSBN is expected to be reopened in early to mid-May 2024
- If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact Curtise Lavine at email@example.com.
- A public information meeting will be held on Friday, October 20, 2023, at 10:00 AM in City Council Chambers to review the information above and answer any questions from the community about the road closure, bypass road and sidewalk, and associated work.
- The information meeting will be recorded so those unable to attend in person will be able to view it at their convenience from the City’s website.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!